Social Media 101 & 201 in Ten TweetsPosted: March 12, 2011 | |
My first blog post was too long! I’m wordy:) (The original included a whole section on Social Fresh Tampa that will become a future standalone post.) Here’s my first post translated into Twitterais for the Twitterati in ten Tweets:
- Created SM boot camp via @socialfresh Tampa, free webinars & conf, following leaders on Twitter, reading, reading & more reading
- It’s actually not about Facebook, Twitter, #in, YouTube, etc.: Social media are the *how* and not the *what*
- Old Biz style: Marketing & PR created one way communication; Sales & Svc had two-way communication with peeps on individual basis
- New Biz with SM: Create a community via different platforms where all brand, PR and support streams connect & interact with audience
- Social media are more casual ways to engage, educate, entertain, converse, listen & strengthen the emotional bond with your audience
- Measure SM ROI? Yes. By sales & $$? Not at first. Get full picture by analyzing combined SM data/buzz vs. just FB or Twitter or #in, etc
- SM allows you to build a community conversation in real-time with an audience; meet people where they are, connect, listen and respond
- 2011 is the year that social media goes mainstream for all businesses and not just big brands.
- Would love to attend SXSW in the future so that I can get rid of my SXSW envy:)
- SM creates a global community connecting everyone around the world; which enhances both life and business!